Welcome to my website
I am a professional Apiarist (a professional beekeeper services provider) in Omaha, NE, coming to you live from South Omaha, forever the “Magic City”.
My work focuses on helping apiarists (people who make a living with bees and beekeeping) and beekeepers (hobbyists) to be successful in their efforts to keep bees alive and healthy and to set and meet professional and sustainability goals and objectives using strategies and tactics that are specific to their particular needs and “workflow”.
I also do professional live removal and swarm captures of honey bees and bumblebees from commercial and rental properties for businesses and property owners.
Did you see this sign?
If you did and you followed the link here, thank you. I want to make sure that everyone is safe while I do the interesting and sometimes risky work of doing a live removal of a bee nest and bees from someone’s property.
I know you are curious and that you want to see what’s going on, but live bee removals can quickly go from “Seemingly Easy” to “Downright Dangerous”. In just a matter of a few moments, a sudden change of weather or a small accidental drop of a piece of bee covered honey comb, a live bee removal can become a stinging frenzy with people and animals in a square block radius feeling the wrath of the bees.
Please remain at least 100 feet away from the actual work to allow me to do the job properly, keeping bees and people healthy and safe.
I hope you look around the web site here and see what being a Professional Apiarist is all about.
I am a Professional Apiarist, Founder and former President of the Omaha Bee Club, private Beekeeping Coach and the Beekeeping Instructor at Metro Community College. My job is to facilitate a successful experience for other local apiarists. I offer a range of services that include:
- Organic Apiary Certification
- Apiarist Certifications
- Apiarist education, coaching and applied skills training
- Building of custom hives
- Selling successful, locally adapted “survivor” honey bees and others.
- Teaching beeswax crafts classes
- Offering professional consulting, aid and support beekeeping services
You can text, email or Skype a photo or video of the critters you want identified for a faster response and determination if they are even bees at all.
Email: Tony Sandoval AKA “Big Bear”
Instant Messaging: email@example.com for Google Hangouts
Skype me at username; bigbearomaha
Find the BBE-Tech FaceBook page at: @gbarescue
Find the BBE-Tech Google Plus page at: Big Bear’s Apiary Services
I do live removals, “Rescues”” if you will, of Honey bees and Bumblebees. The reasons for this are multiple.
- It helps to keep bees alive that would otherwise be killed by pesticides or exterminators.
- It keeps successfully locally adapted, hygienic traits and biological diversity present in our area.
- It removes bees as a public health and safety threat to people and animals from unfortunate places and relocates them to areas where they can successfully go about their beesiness.
- It promotes awareness and education of the value of bees to our society and the environment.
- It places bees in the care of trained and educated beekeepers who can work to ensure the long term health and survival of some of our favorite beneficial pollinators.