Welcome to my website
I am a professional Apiarist, my name is Tony Sandoval, AKA “Big Bear”, AKA “the S.O.Bee”. I’m a professional Apiarist and beekeeping instructor at Metro Community College in Omaha, NE. Coming to you live from South Omaha, forever the “Magic City”. I am a Nebraska registered contractor and insured so that if I’m taking care of a bee thing for you, doing some structural repair work or even a bit of both, I bring professional service and support in all of my work.
I specialize in beekeeping education and training, professional apiarist certification and management\operation of production and teaching apiaries.
I also do professional live removal and swarm captures of honey bees and bumblebees from commercial and rental properties for businesses and property owners.
Do you want to learn more about bees and beekeeping? The Bee Smart beekeeping project has podcasts, videos, community forum and posted articles to inform and entertain you.
Let Bubba Bee show you what bee happening and visit the Bee Smart website today. Click the image link below to go there now.
Did you see this sign?
If you did and you followed the link here, thank you. I want to make sure that everyone is safe while I do the interesting and sometimes risky work of doing a live removal of a bee nest and bees from someone’s property.
I know you are curious and that you want to see what’s going on, but live bee removals can quickly go from “Seemingly Easy” to “Downright Dangerous”. In just a matter of a few moments, a sudden change of weather or a small accidental drop of a piece of bee covered honey comb, a live bee removal can become a stinging frenzy with people and animals in a square block radius feeling the wrath of the bees.
Please remain at least 100 feet away from the actual work to allow me to do the job properly, keeping bees and people healthy and safe.
I hope you look around the web site here and see what being a Professional Apiarist is all about.
I am a Professional Apiarist, Founder and former President of the Omaha Bee Club, and currently the beekeeping Instructor at Metro Community College. I am also offering beeswax crafts classes at Mangelsen’s hobby and craft store. My job is to facilitate a successful experience for local beekeepers. I offer a range of services that include:
- Organic Apiary Certification
- Apiarist Certifications
- Apiarist education, coaching and applied skills training
- Teaching beeswax crafts classes
- Speaker and Presenter
- Multiple kinds of bees
- Products of the hive
- Organic beekeeping
- Many related subjects
You can text, email or Skype a photo or video of the critters you want identified for a faster response and determination if they are even bees at all.
Email: Tony Sandoval AKA “Big Bear”
Instant Messaging: email@example.com for Google Hangouts
Skype me at username; bigbearomaha
Find the BBE-Tech FaceBook page at: @gbarescue
Find the BBE-Tech Google Plus page at: Big Bear’s Apiary Services
I do live removals, “Rescues”” if you will, of Honey bees and Bumblebees. The reasons for this are multiple.
- It helps to keep bees alive that would otherwise be killed by pesticides or exterminators.
- It keeps successfully locally adapted, hygienic traits and biological diversity present in our area.
- It removes bees as a public health and safety threat to people and animals from unfortunate places and relocates them to areas where they can successfully go about their beesiness.
- It promotes awareness and education of the value of bees to our society and the environment.
- It places bees in the care of trained and educated beekeepers who can work to ensure the long term health and survival of some of our favorite beneficial pollinators.